Welcome to my spot on the World Wide Web. This is strictly a personal website and the opinions expressed on this site are my own and don't represent the views of my employer.
Who am I?
Well, among other things I'm a programmer and a hacker living in Finland. I've written dozens of computer programs and even released some of them. You might have even heard one of them: Fort - Digital Information Manager. I'm proficient in several programming languages including C and C++. I don't like C++ much, I find it quite ugly, but I do like C. For an object oriented approach I like Java and C#. VB.NET is not bad either.
I'm a fan of vampire movies as well as good horror movies. I feel that the movie industry does not get it anymore what's a good horror movie is all about. New releases pretty much suck altogether, but there are some exceptions. When it comes to music, I like 80s rock music. I also find some reggae and classical music to be relaxing.
What I'm up to?
At the time of writing this (2013-03-30), I'm developing a domain specific programming language. More information about it later this year. Stay tuned.
All my software is and will always be DRM free.
- CDarts is a computer darts simulator for Linux. Source code is available under the GPL licence.
- File encryption and password management software for Windows Vista, 7 and 8. Demo version is available and you can buy the full version from the online store. Fort uses 256bit keys and AES for the data encryption. It's a lightweight Windows application with carefully designed user experience. Fort installer includes a very well written help file.
- Timesheet management program for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. You can try the full version of Squirrel for 14 days. To continue use of the software, you will have to buy a licence.
- Pwn is a simple command line network port scanner for Windows. See more information about it.
Essays and other stuff
Occasionally I do write small essays, here are some of them:
- How to change a dialog background color in ATL/WTL?
- How to email me(or anyone)
- My 100 000 hours
- Windows 8 and micro ISVs
- Protect your privacy and security online
The other stuff
I have a Twitter account, but I don't tweet very often.
If you just stumbled upon this site randomly, consider to drop me a line. Just something like "Hi, there." or perhaps something about you. I think it's interesting to see how many of you will bother to send me an email. If this experiment goes well, I might even publish some of the best emails on this very page later this year.
Niko Rosvall © 2013